- Factors in the selection of the tip attachment
- Standard tip attachments
- SUS syringe-type attachments
- Conductive rubber pad attachments
- Spatula-type attachments
Factors in the selection of the tip attachment
In such cases, a syringe-type attachment with a very small aperture should be selected, and the air volume adjustment screw fully loosened or removed altogether for the best effect.
On the other hand, when handling heavier objects, a rubber pad or spatula type attachment will allow sure suction and transport. Note that the suction strength shown in the catalogue is based on DAP-12S. Actual conditions will differ, depending upon the suction strength of the actual vacuum source, and the contours of the object being handled and its surface roughness.
Our standard attachment lineup has been enriched by the addition of PEEK made conductive tips that counter electrostatic charge and can be used safely with electronic parts and components.
From our wide ranging product offerings, select the attachment that best meets your needs to guarantee highly reliable handling.
Standard tip attachments
The lineup covers tip attachments comprised of 3 different materials with 17 different hole diameters for suction of all micro parts such as spheres, rods, plane boards and washers.
Attachments made from different materials have different features, and you can choose the attachment best suited to your needs and application.
Metallic tip attachments
- The front section is a soft resin, and an object will not be scratched when manipulated. Also, the attachments have improved chemical resistance.
PEEK conductive tip attachments
- The Polypenco PEEK resin is compounded with carbon for electrostatistic protection, and its conductivity has been improved. These attachments are best suited for manipulation of very small electronic parts and devices that are very sensitive to static electricity. [Volume resistivity value: 105-6Ω.cm]
Materials and Hole Diameters
|Inside diameter||Metallic tip attachments||Teflon||PEEK conductive tip attachments|
SUS syringe-type attachments
- Our syringe-type attachments use a polished and chamfered stainless steel pipe as the suction surface.
A minimum hole diameter of φ0.1 is available for handling ultra-light micro-components. With the use of the Air Pit air volume control screw, suction and release can be made very smooth indeed. Straight type, 45° angle type and elliptical suction hole types are available.
Needle length and hole diameter list
|Hole diameter size||Model|
elliptical hole nozzle
|lliptical hole dimensions mm||L1 mm||L2 mm|
The syringe-type attachments with elliptical holes are appropriate for the suction and manipulation of long and thin cylindrical objects such as dowel pins.
Conductive rubber pad attachments
- Attachments with rubber pads are useful for suction and manipulation of relatively large and heavy objects. The hard rubbers do not deform easily and the suction hole diameters are large. For electrostatic protection, the silicone rubber is compounded with the carbon to improve its conductivity. [Volume resistivity value: 5 Ω cm]
Because of its high adhesion capacity, the rubber can be used to maintain the suction force of an object. You can safely use rubber pad attachments to manipulate lenses and prism glasses. (If you cannot release the object smoothly, loosen the airflow adjustment screw of the air pit.)
|Suction power||To 25g||To 70g||To 120g||To 200g|
- Spatula-type attachments have been designed for suction, and carrying large dimension circular or square plates. Both stainless steel spatulas and Teflon coated spatulas are provided.
The spatula-type attachments are appropriate for the handling of silicon wafers, CDs and glass plates.